Senior Network Architect
Alameda, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 3, 2023
Astra’s mission is to Improve Life on Earth from Space® by creating a healthier and more connected planet. Today, Astra offers one of the lowest cost-per-launch dedicated orbital launch services of any operational launch provider in the world, and one of the industry’s first flight-proven electric propulsion systems for satellites, Astra Spacecraft Engine™. Astra delivered its first commercial launch to low Earth orbit in 2021, making it the fastest company in history to reach this milestone, just five years after it was founded in 2016. Astra (NASDAQ: ASTR) was the first space launch company to be publicly traded on Nasdaq.
Our networking team is responsible for building a low latency, multi site network using a variety of modern technologies. We're on prem, with some fun challenges at the edge (of space) and in the multiple clouds.
This team builds & maintains highly performant, low latency networks, a 24/7 NOC, and robust monitoring and alerting.
As a Senior Network Architect, you will architect, design, plan, and implement highly scalable and resilient network solutions across multiple sites, including our launch site in Kodiak, Alaska.
- Strong hands-on experience with deployment, configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of various Juniper, Cisco, and/or Aruba products (Routers, L2/L3 switches, Firewall, Wireless Controllers, Access Points)
- Ability to work in high stress environments
- Familiarity with AWS VPCs, transit gateways, S3 buckets, EC2 instances
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex networking issues
- Ability to plan for LAN / WAN services to ensure fully redundant and high performance solutions
- Knowledge of creating network documentation including network diagrams, configurations templates, technical presentations and reports as required
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal, communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to work and team optimally with stakeholders, management, and staff members in a multi-tiered, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Ability to be travel, on-call and work nights and/or weekends as needed
- Network/Security certifications (JNCIP, CCNP or similar)
- Aruba/Silver Peak SD-WAN experience
- Palo Alto Firewall experience
- Strong Unix/Linux or Microsoft Windows sysadmin skills
- Ansible experience
- AWS and/or Azure experience
- Knowledge/experience with certificates/Identity Management tool (e.g. SSL certificate, Radius, AAA)
- Experience setting up and maintaining SNMP/NetFlow/Network monitoring/alerting systems
ITAR Requirements: This position requires compliance with U.S. Government space technology trade restrictions, specifically the International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and additional regulations governing satellite, launch vehicle, missile, and other related technologies. All jobs restricted by these regulations will be contingent upon the applicant’s status as a documented U.S. Person or their ability to receive a trade license from the cognizant government agency; in addition to any required company background checks and in compliance with applicable U.S. and California laws. Similarly, positions requiring the ability to work on government contracts or a security clearance are also contingent upon the applicants ability to receive the appropriate clearance and be allowed to work on U.S. government contracts.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Astra, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
San Francisco Applicants: Astra will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See more open positions at Astra
Something looks off?