Sr. Associate, Strategic Partnerships
At Apartment List, we’re on a mission to find every renter a home they love at the value they deserve. Finding the right place to live is one of the most important, time-consuming and expensive decisions that all of us make. Getting it right matters. We’ve helped over 1 million families find a home they love, and we’re just getting started.
As a Sr. Associate on the Partnerships team, you will help drive our team’s mission to create external relationships with strategic partners that improve both sides of our marketplace. In this role, you will be a utility player, excited to leverage your analytical, strategic, operational, and communication skill sets to excel, create new opportunities and expand existing ones. Your responsibilities will include everything from developing a deep understanding of our competitive landscape to operationally executing on partnership management. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience with operational projects and possesses exceptional analytical, strategic, cross-functional, and communication skills combined with a Play to Win attitude.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape of our industry and communicate with company stakeholders to inform product and strategic decisions
- Drive the operations and execution of partnerships, including direct partner management, internal processes and partnership evaluation
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to evaluate partnership potential and monitor performance for active partnerships
- Communicate cross-functionally our overall strategy and build alignment with internal stakeholders
- Identify, analyze, and present new opportunities discovered through investigations
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- You are a highly ambitious team player with 3+ years of consulting / business intelligence / strategy or high-growth operations / startup experience
- You have a strategic mindset, and can factor in short term and long term thinking and goals
- You have a reputation for execution, and are willing to dive into a project and figure out how to get it done
- You are a problem solver, able to identify the root causes of changes in key metrics and run tests to validate your hypotheses
- You have exceptional Excel and data analysis skills - SQL experience is a big plus
- You have a “driver” personality - biased toward action, great collaborator, simplifier, and communicator - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- You are a strong communicator that is comfortable working and interacting with senior leadership, external partners, and a range of teams across the company
- You’re excited to dig in and help build us the best apartment renting experience
Here's the Pay Range:
At Apartment List, we carefully consider a variety of factors to determine compensation for each position, including the role, level, and work. The US target compensation range for this position is $76,000 - $110,000 base salary + variable compensation + equity, which reflects the compensation target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Please note, the compensation details provided do not include benefits and perks that we offer.
We also rely on market indicators along with considering your work location, job related skills, experience and relevant education and training, to determine compensation that is fair and competitive for you. Apartment List will consider paying compensation near the higher of the range in exceptional circumstances, where candidates have the experience, credentials or expertise that would warrant such consideration. It is always our goal to hire exceptional talent and we would be happy to share more about compensation during the hiring process.
Here's what's in it for you (full-time employees only; does not apply to contract roles):
- Competitive Compensation: Including annual salary, pre-IPO stock options, and other financial compensation (if applicable)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage: 100% of premiums covered for you AND all of your dependents
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off: Unlimited FTO in addition to 12 company holidays per year, quarterly “recharge” days, and a week-long holiday break
- Home Office Reimbursement: To cover home office furniture and supplies, monthly home internet, and monthly cell phone (if applicable)
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement: To cover monthly gym membership or other qualifying expenses
- Parental Support: Generous parental and family leave, fertility benefits, and employer-sponsored stipends towards family forming services
- 401k Plan: To support you in your individual retirement goals
- Team Events: Frequent team-building events, fun team off-sites, and bi-annual company meetups
- Commitment to DEI: To prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within our workplace and to stay true to our values and mission
- Mentorship and Training: To get you onboard quickly, learn new professional skills, and invest in your career development
- Impact and Visibility: To expose you to and provide the opportunity to work on highly strategic initiatives that will transform the business
- Encouragement and Empowerment: To explore and adopt new technologies and drive meaningful decisions and outcomes
At Apartment List we believe that everyone deserves a home they love AND a career they love. We strive to build a diverse team that is a reflection of the people we serve; this is made possible through our commitment to fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion, equity, and connectedness.
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we celebrate the collection of individual differences, life experiences, ideas, perspectives, knowledge, and talent. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.