Content Creator (Social Media) - Contract
At Apartment List, we’re on a mission to find every renter a home they love at the value they deserve. Finding the right place to live is one of the most important, time-consuming and expensive decisions that all of us make. Getting it right matters. We’ve helped over 1 million families find a home they love, and we’re just getting started.
As a Content Creator (Social Media) at Apartment List, you will play a key role on our Brand Marketing team in developing and executing our organic social media strategy. Reporting to our Sr. Brand Marketing Manager, you will create short-term video content, manage our renter social platforms (Instagram, TikTok, and Pinterest), and facilitate external creator and influencer relationships.
Social Media is one of the few channels where we can continue to engage with renters throughout their lifecycle. As our first-ever in-house content creator, you will help us up level these channels by creating highly engaging content and building a strong renter community. You will work closely with key cross-functional teams and turn organic social into a strategic business lever for driving brand awareness and renter demand. The ideal candidate is highly creative, nimble, and self-motivated, has excellent communication skills, and is a team player.
*** This is a part-time, contract position (25 hours per week), with potential to increase hours at a later date. The target pay range for this position is $40/hr - $50/hr. This position is primarily remote, but preference will be given to Bay Area candidates for in-person collaboration opportunities.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Content Creation: Create entertaining, “of-the-moment” video content that resonates with our audience across Instagram, TikTok, and Pinterest.
- Content Calendar & Platform Management: Build monthly content calendars, craft post copy, and schedule content based on platform best practices.
- Influencer Marketing: Source, build relationships, and manage day-to-day communications with content creators (both video & photo) that align with our target audience.
- Community Building: Craft on-brand responses to comments and engage with like-minded accounts and platforms to build our renter community. Don’t worry, our Renter Success team will handle any product or customer service-related inquiries.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with internal Design, Performance Marketing, PR, Content, Product, and Renter Success teams to create social-first content and support their various initiatives.
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- You have at least 2-3 years of social media management and/or content creation experience at a B2C brand, agency, or freelance work.
- You have experience with B2C Instagram & TikTok. Experience with Pinterest is a plus.
- You have a portfolio of work that exhibits your content creation abilities.
- You are highly skilled with in-app editing/creator tools across social platforms and video and design tools like CapCut and Canva.
- You have strong communication skills and storytelling abilities both on and off-camera and a passion for building online communities.
- You have an eye for good creative and general aesthetics, and you’re eager to showcase how organic social is a strategic channel for our greater brand vision.
- You can streamline multiple workflows seamlessly and have experience using project management tools like Asana.
- You are well-versed in online culture and stay up-to-date on the latest trends. You aren’t afraid to quickly jump on a branded opportunity or pitch an out-of-the-box idea.
Here's what's in it for you (full-time employees only; does not apply to contract roles):
- Competitive Compensation: Including annual salary, pre-IPO stock options, and other financial compensation (if applicable)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage: 100% of premiums covered for you AND all of your dependents
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off: Unlimited FTO in addition to 12 company holidays per year, quarterly “recharge” days, and a week-long holiday break
- Home Office Reimbursement: To cover home office furniture and supplies, monthly home internet, and monthly cell phone (if applicable)
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement: To cover monthly gym membership or other qualifying expenses
- Parental Support: Generous parental and family leave, fertility benefits, and employer-sponsored stipends towards family forming services
- 401k Plan: To support you in your individual retirement goals
- Team Events: Frequent team-building events, fun team off-sites, and bi-annual company meetups
- Commitment to DEI: To prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within our workplace and to stay true to our values and mission
- Mentorship and Training: To get you onboard quickly, learn new professional skills, and invest in your career development
- Impact and Visibility: To expose you to and provide the opportunity to work on highly strategic initiatives that will transform the business
- Encouragement and Empowerment: To explore and adopt new technologies and drive meaningful decisions and outcomes
At Apartment List we believe that everyone deserves a home they love AND a career they love. We strive to build a diverse team that is a reflection of the people we serve; this is made possible through our commitment to fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion, equity, and connectedness.
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we celebrate the collection of individual differences, life experiences, ideas, perspectives, knowledge, and talent. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.