Account Manager (Mid-Market)
At Apartment List, we’re on a mission to find every renter a home they love at the value they deserve. Finding the right place to live is one of the most important, time-consuming and expensive decisions that all of us make. Getting it right matters. We’ve helped over 1 million families find a home they love, and we’re just getting started.
We’re passionate about building a world-class sales team, as we believe that exceptionally talented people are the key to delivering a great customer experience at every turn. We provide a unique opportunity to grow by being surrounded by a team of brilliant and experienced individuals and leaders.
Our team is dedicated to cultivating personal and professional development by creating a culture of feedback, transparency, innovation, passion, learning, and winning. Our business is dependent on happy clients who understand and participate in the Apartment List vision. We are seeking a tenacious team member to join the sales team who loves evangelizing a disruptive, new real estate marketplace advertising opportunity and wants to be part of a growing, evolving team.
As an MidMarket Account Executive, you will be responsible for leveraging existing partnerships and helping achieve Apartment List’s sales and revenue goals. You are a self-starter who loves to learn and takes initiative. You are naturally curious about what makes a business tick and ask great questions to understand your market, customers, and product. You have a track record of quota achievement, high performance and client retention. You are a team player and have great examples of actions that put the team first. Most of all, you want to be part of building a special company that is transforming an industry.
*** While this is a REMOTE position with the expectation of regular in-person travel, (~ 40%) we prefer this person to be located in the North East, as the majority of their book of business is located there.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Grow Supply: You will grow our supply by expanding our current partnerships between Apartment List and Property Management Companies within your account base.
- Maximize Client Retention: You will identify client challenges and pain points and partner with cross-functional team members (Product, Analytics, Data Operations) to provide solutions. You will be responsible for key customer success metrics, including customer churn and satisfaction.
- Reporting and Insight Expert: You will assist our team in deriving helpful insights and reporting that will lead to account growth.
- Build a Best-In-Class Expansion Sales Team: You, along with your peers and leaders across the Go-To-Market function, will have a winning mindset that will enable us to deliver against challenging performance goals and uplevel each other.
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- You have 4+ years of account management and sales experience, at least 2 being within the Mid Market sales segment of accounts generating $100k+ in annual revenue.
- You’ve been successful in identifying and pursuing growth opportunities to scale revenue with existing business, while reaching and exceeding sales targets. You also have a proven ability to retain existing business
- You are data and analytics focused and know how to utilize key insights and/or trends to drive client buying decisions
- Develop and maintain accurate sales and/or revenue forecasts and management of quota funnels
- Act as a true account owner overseeing almost all aspects of the client's business.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate ticket status and documentation for projects and escalated tickets
- Partner with internal stakeholders in order to drive additional value and expertise
Here's the Pay Range:
At Apartment List, we carefully consider a variety of factors to determine compensation for each position, including the role, level, and work. The US base salary range for this position is $55,000 - $75,000 base ($90,000 - $125,000 OTE) + equity, which reflects the compensation target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Please note, the compensation details reflect base salary only and do not include bonus, benefits, and perks that we offer.
We also rely on market indicators along with considering your work location, job related skills, experience and relevant education and training, to determine compensation that is fair and competitive for you. Apartment List will consider paying compensation near the higher of the range in exceptional circumstances, where candidates have the experience, credentials or expertise that would warrant such consideration. It is always our goal to hire exceptional talent and we would be happy to share more about compensation during the hiring process.
Here's what's in it for you (full-time employees only):
- Competitive Compensation: Including annual salary, pre-IPO stock options, and other financial compensation (if applicable)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage: 100% of premiums covered for you AND all of your dependents
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off: Unlimited FTO in addition to 11 company holidays per year, quarterly “recharge” days, and a week-long holiday break
- Home Office Reimbursement: To cover home office furniture and supplies, monthly home internet, and monthly cell phone (if applicable)
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement: To cover monthly gym membership or other qualifying expenses
- Parental Support: Generous parental and family leave, fertility benefits, and employer-sponsored stipends towards family forming services
- 401k Plan: To support you in your individual retirement goals
- Team Events: Frequent team-building events, fun team off-sites, and bi-annual company meetups
- Commitment to DEI: To prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within our workplace and to stay true to our values and mission
- Mentorship and Training: To get you onboard quickly, learn new professional skills, and invest in your career development
- Impact and Visibility: To expose you to and provide the opportunity to work on highly strategic initiatives that will transform the business
- Encouragement and Empowerment: To explore and adopt new technologies and drive meaningful decisions and outcomes
At Apartment List we believe that everyone deserves a home they love AND a career they love. We strive to build a diverse team that is a reflection of the people we serve; this is made possible through our commitment to fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion, equity, and connectedness.
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we celebrate the collection of individual differences, life experiences, ideas, perspectives, knowledge, and talent. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.