Marketing Design Manager
At Apartment List, we’re on a mission to find every renter a home they love at the value they deserve. Finding the right place to live is one of the most important, time-consuming and expensive decisions that all of us make. Getting it right matters. We’ve helped nearly 1 million families find a home they love, and we’re just getting started.
As the Marketing Design Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and enhancing our visual brand identity through exceptional design and creative leadership. In this role, you will act as both a player and a coach, where you will be spending ample time designing, while also managing a small team. You will be responsible for driving both strategic and tactical design projects from concept to delivery, with a keen focus on maintaining design integrity and elevating the brand experience. You will report directly to our VP of Design, and work closely with both Design and Marketing leaders in efforts to align our brand vision and business objectives.
Here is what you'll do as part of the team:
- Define and lead projects from concept to delivery
With a high level of craftsmanship, with a high attention to detail, you will help to define and lead projects from concept to delivery in a wide range of formats: brand identity systems, digital and print, motion graphics and animation, social media, experiential, paid media, and more.
- Deliver high quality, innovative and boundary-pushing creative output
You will develop, maintain and build the Apartment List visual brand.
- Shape and deliver presentations that tell a compelling story
You can effectively articulate a concept and convey the strategy or system underlying a proposed design, while clearly identifying and understanding why this is meaningful to both the brand and the business.
- Drive improvements to the visual brand experience
You will regularly contribute to new design ideas, and be a creative thought leader across the entire design team, and know when and where to push on the status quo. You facilitate and maintain and improve the brand guidelines through direct feedback, familiarity with design trends, and new ideas or innovative design approaches.
- Work well with ambiguity
You will work on multi-faceted projects where the outcome and solution is not always clear. You will manage projects from end-to-end with exceptional quality, accuracy and timeliness. Builds strong relationships to help move work forward, even amidst competing priorities with stakeholders across the org.
- Mentor, motivate and manage creatives
You drive design excellence and collaboration across multiple projects, ensuring that the team you manage delivers holistic creative against the company strategy.
Skills and experience you'll need to be successful:
- 6+ years experience in print and digital marketing production; experience in brand marketing and / or in-house preferred
- 2+ years with direct management experience
- Rockstar portfolio: you are passionate about designing high quality marketing collateral. You can share several shining examples of real work you've produced, and what you learned along the way
- Showcase pixel perfection in your designs, with a unique ability to create compelling visuals in a variety of mediums, with a keen eye for details and accuracy within design systems
- Skilled in motion graphics, where you can bring any static campaign to life through animation
- Mastery of design tools, such as Figma, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Positive attitude with a creative, solution-driven mindset, and willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and digital marketing concepts
Here's the Pay Range:
At Apartment List, we carefully consider a variety of factors to determine compensation for each position, including the role, level, and work. The US base salary range for this position is $140,000 - $160,000 + variable compensation + equity, which reflects the compensation target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Please note, the compensation details reflect base salary only and do not include bonus, benefits, and perks that we offer.
We also rely on market indicators along with considering your work location, job related skills, experience and relevant education and training, to determine compensation that is fair and competitive for you. Apartment List will consider paying compensation near the higher of the range in exceptional circumstances, where candidates have the experience, credentials or expertise that would warrant such consideration. It is always our goal to hire exceptional talent and we would be happy to share more about compensation during the hiring process.
*** Candidates must submit a portfolio to be considered for the position.
Here's what's in it for you (full-time employees only):
- Competitive Compensation: Including annual salary, pre-IPO stock options, and other financial compensation (if applicable)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage: 100% of premiums covered for you AND all of your dependents
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off: Unlimited FTO in addition to 11 company holidays per year, quarterly “recharge” days, and a week-long holiday break
- Home Office Reimbursement: To cover home office furniture and supplies, monthly home internet, and monthly cell phone (if applicable)
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement: To cover monthly gym membership or other qualifying expenses
- Parental Support: Generous parental and family leave, fertility benefits, and employer-sponsored stipends towards family forming services
- 401k Plan: To support you in your individual retirement goals
- Team Events: Frequent team-building events, fun team off-sites, and bi-annual company meetups (ski trip, etc.)
- Commitment to DEI: To prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within our workplace and to stay true to our values and mission
- Mentorship and Training: To get you onboard quickly, learn new professional skills, and invest in your career development
- Impact and Visibility: To expose you to and provide the opportunity to work on highly strategic initiatives that will transform the business
- Encouragement and Empowerment: To explore and adopt new technologies and drive meaningful decisions and outcomes
At Apartment List we believe that everyone deserves a home they love AND a career they love. We strive to build a diverse team that is a reflection of the people we serve; this is made possible through our commitment to fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion, equity, and connectedness.
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we celebrate the collection of individual differences, life experiences, ideas, perspectives, knowledge, and talent. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.