Quality Assurance Engineer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our dynamic Quality and Reliability Team! You will be responsible for setting up and managing our metrology lab and perform incoming quality checks of mechanical, electrical and optical hardware.
What you'll do:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the metrology lab and support engineering inspection requests and failure analysis.
- Establish inspection plans for incoming quality checks, design new test methodologies and qualify precision inspection tools and gauges (GRR).
- Program and qualify automated inspection routines for tactile and optical coordinate measurement machines (CMM).
- Collaborate with the engineering team during drawing reviews to ensure inspectability and proper use of GD&T.
- Review measurement standard operating procedures (MSOP) and perform correlation studies.
- Investigate supplier quality issues to determine root cause and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Develop robust control plans with our manufacturing partners to ensure highest product quality and zero defects.
- Perform supplier audits and site inspections to verify compliance with quality management processes.
- Define and implement robust quality processes and procedures to manage quality data and ensure full traceability.
- Promote and champion a culture of quality and continuous improvement.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 8+ years of relevant work experience in a Manufacturing or Quality role
- Advanced knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Expert in programming tactile and optical Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) using PCDMIS, ZONE3 or Calypso software
- Experienced measuring high precision mechanical and optical components
- Self- starter who is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to new challenges within a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to define complex problem statements, identify root cause and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Excellent communication skills and team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
Nice to have:
- ASQ certified
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt accredited
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching time cards