Software Build and Release Engineer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are seeking an experienced Build Engineer to join our team. As a Build Engineer, you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of build and deployment systems for our software products. This includes managing the build pipeline and ensuring that our products are built and deployed in a consistent and reliable manner. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining scripts and tools to automate the build and deployment process.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain build and deployment systems for our SW/HW and ML teams.
- Build automated pipelines and best DevOps practices especially for CI/CD.
- Maintain the operating environments for development and deployments.
- Integration and management of external tools that improve our communication, documentation and process reliability.
- Handle release process and release documentation for products.
- Architect, develop, and lead the implementation of a performant and efficient build system.
- Maintain high-level of integrity of the build system.
What you have:
- BS/MS in software, EE, or related engineering degree.
- Proficient in C++ and/or Python.
- 5+ years of experience as a Build/SW Engineer.
- 5+ years of experience with build tools like GNU Make, CMake, or Bazel.
- Experience with implementing DevOps Practices especially CI/CD.
- Experience in organizing and refactoring complex C/C++ and Python projects with multiple embedded toolchains.
- Experience integrating 3rd party tools and libraries into GIT.
- Experience working with multiple operating systems (Linux, QNX, MacOS, and FreeRTOS).
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR standards and communication protocols.
- Experience with robot middleware such as ROS1/2.
- Exposure to automotive development processes.
- Experience with compiling, integrating, and deploying CUDA targets.
- Prior knowledge of embedded device software development process and lifecycle and experience designing CI/CD pipelines.