Senior Embedded C++ Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers with an emphasis on Embedded systems. You are a self-starter and comfortable working on designs from initial architecture through production.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement real-time applications on ARM processors interfacing with multiple sensors mainly in C++.
- Participate in the team's software processes, including requirements and design documentation, test-plan generation and execution, peer design and code reviews, process feedback, and improvements.
- Debug complicated issues as they arise during product development.
- Work in a dynamic and fast-pace environment.
What you have:
- 4+ years experience developing C++ multi-threaded applications, ideally for QNX targeting multiple ARM cores.
- Experience in profiling and benchmarking C++ applications and optimizing code for maximum performance.
- Experience developing applications that interacts with HW on QNX.
- Experience developing applications with ROS / ROS2.
- Experience working cross-functionally with other teams such as DSP, System Test and SW QA.
- Passion to make embedded SW applications resilient, safe, and production-grade.
- Experience with scripting languages: Python, Shell scripts.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Microcontrollers, SoC, device drivers, hardware bring-up, power management, performance optimization or hardware/software integration, and RTOS.
- Familiarity/Experience with Network Programming (TCP/UDP), AUTOSAR middleware.
- Understanding of MISRA and AUTOSAR Compliance.
- Familiarity with processes such as ASPICE and Static Analysis Tools.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards