Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
chon buri, thailand
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With
its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high
resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the
ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer specializing in
photonics and optical manufacturing to join our dynamic team. As a Senior Manufacturing Test
Engineer, you will play a crucial role to coordinate with photonic test engineer and contract
manufacturing in ensuring the test operation execution both NPI and mass production meet product
quality, delivery, cost and reliability of our advanced photonics and optical products. Your expertise in
tester install, GR&R, tester maintenance and calibration, failure analysis, OCAP, statistical process
control statistical process control, manufacturing execution system (MES) software, SOP and work with
engineering team on test optimization from NPI to manufacturing ramp will be vital in driving our
manufacturing processes towards excellence.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform data analysis and interpretation to identify trends, patterns, and potential areas, OCAP for improvement in the manufacturing process Yield and product quality.
- Collaborate with photonic test engineer and CM to install tester, perform Gage R&R analysis, establish test procedures, tester calibration and maintenance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, photonic test engineer, manufacturing, IT, and quality assurance, to troubleshoot issues, and improve product performance.
- Collaborate with manufacturing to ensure product delivery on time.
- Collaborate with Aeva engineering team and CM to maintain manufacturing execution system (MES) software interfaces to streamline the testing and data collection process.
- Participate in the development and implementation of test automation strategies to improve efficiency and reduce testing time.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior test engineers and technicians.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in photonics, optics, and test engineering to incorporate best practices into the manufacturing process.
- Collaborate with external vendors and suppliers to ensure the availability and functionality of required test equipment and software.
- Manage quality in the line by routinely monitoring KPIs and present reports to operations and management teams
- Responsible for test failure debug and corrective actions when there are deviations.
- Drive test time reduction efforts and implement improved procedures and process control & disposition flow.
- Prepare test roadmap and capacity plans for product ramp and next-gen NPI.
What you have:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Optical, or related field) or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficient in data analysis and interpretation, using statistical techniques and software tools such as JMP.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills and capable of making clear conclusions and recommendations and direct subsequent follow-up work and actions
- Strong understanding of optical and photonics manufacturing processes and equipment, debug laser & photonics tests.
- Hands-on experience withwafer, bar, subassemblies and packaged photonics modules
- Experience with fiber alignment and automation
- Experience with testing to qualify laser and photonics components for high volume
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in test engineering, preferably in the field of photonics and optics.
- Proficiency in developing and documenting test plans and procedures for optical and photonics components and systems.
- Experience with manufacturing execution system (MES) software and its integration into the testing process.
- Familiarity with test automation tools, such as hardware automation using python programming.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot technical issues effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.