Senior/Staff Electrical Engineer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
Aeva is seeking to hire a talented and motivated Senior/Staff/Principal Hardware Engineer to join our Electrical Hardware team. The Electrical Engineering team owns the design, build and bring up of Aeva’s mixed-signal PCBs. As a Hardware Engineer, you may be responsible to develop a System Architecture of our LiDAR system based on product requirements. You will be working closely with all EE engineers to define the individual PCBs, their function, and interconnections.
What you'll be doing:
- Break down product requirements into architecture and EE PCB designs and their interconnections
- Work closely with Electrical Engineers as well as cross-functional engineering and product teams to review their designs in terms of function and layout placement
- Optimize architecture to reduce HW and SW complexity as well as optimize for cost and power consumption
- Direct ownership of PCBs and sub-systems of a LiDAR from schematic design through layout, fabrication and bringup
What you have:
- 7+ years experience in HW design from architecture to implementation, prototyping and bringup all the way to high volume production
- Deep understanding of HW components, their interfaces and SW controls
- Demonstrated ability to technically lead a small team of HW engineers
- Good understanding of high speed designs with a variety of communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, Ethernet, PCIE etc)
- Demonstrated experience and technical leadership in data acquisition subsystems including high-speed ADCs, high-precision analog sense paths and high-speed serial interfaces
- Demonstrated experience utilizing commercial SI/PI software tools
- Released several complex, multi-layer PCB designs into high volume production
- Be an active team member working closely with other EE engineers and other groups
- Experience in motion control systems, design and theory is a plus
- Strongly prefer candidates with experience in LiDAR design or automotive product development, having shipped at least one major design to a Tier1 or automotive OEM
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity!
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more!
- Unlimited PTO: Take all the time you need.
- Paid lunches, ping pong tournaments, and fun team off-sites!