Technical Sales Manager
IT, Sales & Business Development
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
The Technical Sales Manager is responsible for expanding the sales of Aeva’s products and its customer deployments with new and existing accounts in the Americas Region. You are an experienced and self-motivated sales manager, and a team player. You will identify, qualify, negotiate, and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales and booking revenue targets. You have experience driving business growth and a track record for executing on sales metrics. You will develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, present technology and business solutions to prospective customers, and establish revenue-generating business relationships.
What you'll be doing:
- Increase market adoption of AEVA FMCW lidar with strategic customers.
- Drive sales by demonstrating sensor performance for existing and future customers to educate them on technical product capabilities and establish volume deals.
- Work with sales leadership to set and execute on sales targets.
- Manage meeting minutes, presentations, post-sales support of all owned accounts.
- Identify, monitor, and research the market landscape to understand market requirements and growth trends in the 3D sensing industry and establish market penetration strategies.
- Provide customers with technical assistance, basic troubleshooting and engineering support.
What you have:
- Work experience selling lidar or 2D/3D Optical Measurement Hardware and/or experience in any of the following markets: AV/ADAS, Industrial Automation, Robotics, Mapping
- 5+ years of Technical Sales and/or Business Development/Sales experience.
- Experience successfully managing rigorous customers including startups in a competitive, dynamic, and fast growing automation technology space.
- Ability to learn system understanding (laser, optics, electronics) to match customer requirements and understand business potential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to prioritize, escalate, and quickly drive customer issues to effective resolutions.
- Willingness to travel domestically to support customers onsite
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or similar technical degree
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards
See more open positions at Aeva
Something looks off?